Saturday, October 31, 2009
MODESTY AND FAITH ARE TWINS
1. What are the various ways to deepen our Faith?
We can deepen our Faith by prayer, recitation of the Qur’an, obeying the commands of Allah, calling on Allah (Dua).
2. What is the effect of sinning on one’s Faith?
Sinning weakens one’s Faith.
3. What is the relationship between faith and modesty?
Faith and modesty are companions. When one is removed, the other is also gone. Modesty is a part of faith.
4. What is the importance of truth in our life?
Islam is the Religion of Truth. A Muslim lacks true faith when he is not truthful. Being truthful is a sign of a good Muslim.
5. Why should a man of truth be a man of care?
He should be careful so that he doesn’t indulge in vain conversation or shameful talking.
6. Is it wise to take part in shameful talking?
No, it isn’t wise at all to take part in shameful talking.
7. What care should one take while choosing friends?
Friends influence each other. If one chooses a friend with bad character, one will also become bad. One must be careful, therefore, in avoiding bad friendship.
8. How do the users of bad language end up?
Users of bad language fall in the sight of Allah.
1. What is the value of a strong Muslim in the sight of Allah?
A strong Muslim is better and dearer to Allah than a weak Muslim.
2. What are the qualities that make one fearless?
Firm belief in the fact “If Allah wants to save us, none can harm us” makes one fearless. Faith and Trust in Allah are two ingredients that makes a person fearless!
3. What lesson does the incident of the ‘Cave of Thawr’ from the life of our Prophet teach us?
Allah’s Messenger (Peace be upon him) was the bravest of all. The incident conveys the message that one should put all his trust in Allah, and fear none but Him, even when there is danger to one’s life.
4. Who was Rustom? Why was Ribei bin Aamir sent to him?
Rustom was the commander of the Persian Army. Ribei bin Aamir went to meet Rustom as he was invited by the commander.
5. Describe the inside of the tent of Rustom as found by Ribei.
It was richly carpeted. Silk curtains hung in it. Rustom sat on a golden throne. He wore a crown and precious diamonds and pearls.
6. How was Ribei bin Aamir dressed?
Ribei was in tattered clothes. He carried a shield in his hand.
7. Why did Ribei bin Aamir refused to take off his arms?
When he was asked to take off his arms, he replied saying, “I have not come here on my own but on your request. I am prepared to go back if you do not want me”.
8. What reply did he give to Rustom on being asked about the purpose of his visit?
Ribei said, “Allah has sent us to bring people back from the slavery of men into the worship of Allah; from the limits of this world into the vastness of the Hereafter, from the cruelties of religions into the justice of Islam”.
9. What, do you think, had made Ribei bin Aamir fearless?
Ribei’s faith and trust in Allah made him fearless.
D. Who said the following and when?
1. “Sorrow not, Allah is with us”.
Allah’s Messenger (Peace be upon him) said this to Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) while they were hiding in the Cave of Thawr.
2. “I have not come on my own. If you do not like it, I’ll go back”.
Ribei bin Aamir said this to the attendants of Rustom when they told him to take off his arms.
Labels: Grade 5 (Second Term)