Thursday, October 29, 2009
IMAM ABU HANIFA
1. Who was Abu Hanifa and where was he born?
Abu Hanifa Numan bin Thabit was born in Kufa in 80 AH. He was a great jurist who codified the Fiqh according of the need of his time.
2. What is Abu Hanifa known for?
Abu Hanifa is known for the contributions he made in the field of Fiqh and he is popularly known as the originator of the Hanafi school of thought.
3. What sources was his Qiyas based on?
His Qiyas was based on two sources: the Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him).
4. Name Abu Hanifa’s two students disciples (students)?
Imam Muhammad and Imam Abu Yusuf.
5. Why Abu Hanifa did not want to be part of the government?
As a result of his popularity, several governors tried to make Abu Hanifa work for their governments but he refused in spite of their persecution, because they were unjust and often cruel.
6. What title is given to Abu Hanifa and his followers?
They are generally known as ‘ahl ar-ra’y’ (people of personal opinion)
7. Mention any four countries where Hanafi school of thought is followed?
Hanafi fiqh is followed by most people in Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Turkey, China, Bangladesh and parts of Egypt.
Labels: Grade 10 (First Term)