- Sacredness of a Muslim’s life and property
- The importance of propagating the Message of Islam to all others.
- Everyone is fully accountable for his/her deeds before Allah.
- “Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you.” These words of the prophet are self explanatory.
- The prohibition of dealing with interest (usury)
- “You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity.” These words of the prophet are self explanatory.
- Beware of Satan who works to deviate us from the right path.
- Men have rights over women and vice-versa
- Treat women with kindness.
- The importance of worshiping Allah, offering five daily Salah, fasting in Ramadan, giving charity (Zakah) and performing pilgrimage (Hajj).
- Equality of mankind: Neither an Arab is superior over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab over an Arab; neither black over white nor white over black. The standard of man’s superiority is Allah-consciousness and righteous living.
- Need to establish justice.
- Islam is the final divine religion, Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم being the Last Prophet and the Qur’an being the Last Revealed Book of Allah.
- None can go astray as long as one holds fast to the Qur’an and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad
صلّى الله عليه وسلم
Saturday, November 14, 2009
THE FAREWELL PILGRIMMAGE
1. When did the Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلم perform the Farewell Pilgrimmage?
The Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلم performed his Farewell Pilgrimmage in the year 10 A.H which corresponds to 632 A.D.
2. Why is it called the ‘Farewell Pilgrimmage’?
It is called the ‘Farewell Pilgrimmage’ because on this occasion the Prophet Muhammad صلّى الله عليه وسلم took his final leave of Makkah, and bade a last farewell to the city of his birth.
3. Write down the main points of the Farewell Address of the Prophet صلّى الله عليه وسلم
Labels: Grade 9 (First Term)