Sunday, October 18, 2009
FAITH IN THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT AND FATE – GOOD AND EVIL
1. Is death unavoidable? Can we know its exact time?
Yes, death is unavoidable and we cannot know its exact time.
2. What is the true Muslim concept of life?
This life is a test. Man is created for the worship of Allah. The result of this test will be made known in the Day of Judgement when Allah will judge people according to the deeds done in this world. The life of this world is temporary whereas the Life Hereafter is permanent.
3. What will happen to the soul after death?
When a person dies, his soul does not perish. A soul is immortal. It lives. It only migrates from this world to another ‘new’ world. Separated from soul, the body is placed in its grave.
Soon after the burial, the angels question him about his beliefs. If he is a truthful believer, he gives them correct answers. The angels then give him the good news of heaven and he will live in peace till the Last Day.
And if he is an unbeliever who died in a state of serious sins, he wouldn’t give correct answers and then the angels will punish him and this will continue till the Last Day.
4. What will happen, when this world comes to an end?
It will signal the coming of the Last Day. The Last Day means a day will come when everything on this earth will come to a sudden end. Then after a long period of time, When Allah will wish, all the people will be given life again and Allah will judge people and will reward or punish according to their good or bad deeds.
5. Is the thought of the ‘Last Day’ helpful to man? How?
Yes, the thought of the ‘Last Day’ is helpful to man as it motivates him to do good deeds and prevents him from doing evil or bad deeds. It makes man conscious of Allah.
6. Why had the daughter of the elderly woman refused to add water into milk?
The daughter of the elderly woman refused to add water into milk because it amounted to cheating and being dishonest. She was mindful of the thought that ‘Allah always watches us’.
7. How does our Faith in the Day of Judgement help us face death?
It makes us do good deeds. Our aim is to gain Paradise. As we fear Allah, we strive in this life to gain success in the Life Hereafter. This is how our Faith in the Day of Judgement help us face death.
8. Who will be punished in hell?
Those who committed ruinous sins, and died without feeling sorry, will be punished in Hell. Those who did not believe in Allah and His Messengers and lived a life of rebellion against Allah will be thrown into Hell-fire.
9. Who will enter the joys of heaven?
Those who believed in Allah and His Messengers and did good deeds will enter the joys of heaven where they will live forever.
10. How can we avoid hell? What should we do to avoid sins?
We can avoid hell by avoiding sins. When we fear Allah, we avoid sins.
11. How can we attain the ever-lasting happiness of heaven?
We can attain the ever-lasting happiness of heaven by being a true Muslim, fearing Allah and following the teachings of Islam.
12. What is the value of ‘intention’ in our life?
Allah will accept our deeds only when they are done with good intention, to seek His pleasure. It is the right intention that sanctifies work, rest, our joys, and our sorrows.
13. Does believing in fate – Good and evil - mean that we must not do our part?
While believing in fate – Good and evil – we must also do our part. As the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once said, “Tie the camel, then rely on Allah’s will”.
Labels: Grade 6 (First Term)